"If you think education is expensive wait until you find out what ignorance costs." Barack Obama channeling Ben Franklin

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Why Joe The Plumber Is Really Joe The Pawn

I'm being kind.....I'm really tempted to call him Joe The Plagiarist but he did, kinda, sorta, maybe give credit for his latest "America Needs a White Republican President" screed.

The only thing that keeps me from outright accusing him of stealing the thought/article/blogpost/vitriol is the fact that at the beginning he states, "posted by," and at the end, there's a link that tells you to "read more" and leads you to the original blog and the real author.

And who is this apparently bigoted author? That would be none other than radio host Kevin Jackson who's often a regular on the Glenn Beck show, writes an almost daily blog and is a contributing writer to BigGovernment and American Thinker.

I know, I know....go figure. A reasonably well-spoken conservative radio host/right wing blogger being cut and pasted by a not so well-spoken conservative ex-plumber/right-wing blogger. Not exactly uncommon in the right wing blogosphere. Coherent rants based on misstatements, half-truths, hatred and racism are hard to come by - copy when you can. Repeat, repeat, repeat until the messenger is lost and the message becomes the mantra. Truth be damned. Full media saturation ahead.

Normally none of this would surprise me. I'm an addicted googler - I google everything. Repeatedly and religiously. I have this insatiable need for ferreting out the truth whenever possible. I also have plenty of time on my hands. I've learned that if you're trying to find the source of a rumor you're going to have to wade through 10 pages of links which all tell the same story, albeit with varying degrees of hysteria. And the less fact there is the more hysteria is generated and the more hysteria is generated the more sources you will find repeating the story. I believe, but cannot prove, that there is a direct correlation.

None of which explains why I find this particular rinse-and-repeat unusual enough to remark upon at 7AM on an otherwise dreary should-have-stayed-in-bed Sunday morning.

I shouldn't be surpised. Allen West, Herman Cain and Ben Carson should have prepared me. In theory I understand that black men and women don't always like other black men and women. Truthfully, I find that quite natural. After all, I'm a white woman and I don't like Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter or Michelle Bachmann. But I do like Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren and my sister. Regardless of how much I dislike any individual white man or women, I would never presume that having them replaced by a black, brown, pick or purple person would be the deciding difference between good and evil. Because it's not. It never is. It never was. It never will be. You cannot equate or replace an individual with an entire race.

I could see Mr. Jackson saying, "We need a different black president," or "We need a different president," and I have no problem with him saying, "We need a Republican president," but I cannot, for the life of me, understand him, or anyone else, specifing, "We need a White Republican president." Does that mean he'd be fine with Chris Christie as president? Or that he would have hated Herman Cain as president? I read the entire blog post - in both places - and nowhere does anything in it explain to me why the color of a man's skin defines either his desirability or his ability. Ok, he thinks Ronald Reagan was a better president, that's fine, lots of people think that, hell, there are members of my own family who think that, but not simply because Ronnie was white and Barack is black. The people I know who preferred Ronnie would vote for Cain or West.

All I get from this particular article is that Kevin Johnson would not. What I get from this particular article is that Kevin Johnson would not even vote for Kevin Johnson. Nor does he think you should do so. Because Kevin Johnson has stated, unequivocally, that what we, as Americans, need is a WHITE Republican president.

Oh, and one more thing.....in spite of his earnest disclaimers to the contrary in lines 2 and 3 - Kevin Johnson (and by virtue of the reprint, Joe the Plumber) is, most definitely, a racist.








No comments:

Post a Comment